Tuesday 19 March 2013

Urban Decay's Theodora Palette Review








Hey my lovelies!

Today Im going to talk about Urban Decay's new Theodora palette from The Great and Powerful Oz collection that ties in with the Disney movie. I haven't seen the film yet but I've heard its amazing!

 I went for the Theodora palette rather than the Glinda one because it has lots more neutral colours that I would wear on a daily basis. I adore neutral browns and champagne colours for my eyes so this was the perfect choice for me. :)

So the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. Its really pretty and just screams Oz. The palette itself is really cute but sturdy and the way the eyeshadows are ringed with gold is a lovely little touch. You can pop them out and swap them around too which I think is pretty cool.

As for the colours... eek! I love them! 'Broken' is a lovely highlight colour, the photo doesn't really give it justice. Its more of a creamy kind of colour then white. "Beware', "Bewitch' and 'West' are gorgeous browns which are perfect for the lid and the crease. They really compliment one another and you can get away with just wearing the one or wearing all three. Ive even used "West' on my lower lash line as a soft eyeliner. "Spell' and 'Jealous' are two colours in one pan. I really like that they have done that, as you kind of get another 2 eyeshadows but you can also use them together as one. "Jealous' is the colour I'll probably use the least. Im not a huge fan of green at the best of times but these particular greens are slightly wishy washy for me.

I also love the fact that it includes a 24/7 glide on eye pencil in 'Zero'! I always used to use these eyeliners until I discovered MAC so Im super happy I get the chance to use this and fall in love all over again.

Finally you also get a super saturated high gloss lip colour in 'Theodora' included. I never really wear red lipstick, not because I hate it but purely because of the maintenance it requires. However, when I first tried this lip colour out, not only was the colour to die for but it was really long wearing! It had a nice shine to it and I didn't feel like I had keep reapplying all the time. So thumbs up Urban Decay! :)

Overall I think this is a lovely palette to own, especially if you like collecting limited edition palettes with new colours that are not available normally. And it only costs £35 which as far as I'm concerned isn't bad going for a palette that gives you so much. :)

Thanks for reading!

Kisses Luci xo






No comments:

Post a Comment