Saturday 27 April 2013

My Favourite Lipbalms


Hey Ladies, hope you are all well and are all having a brilliant weekend. Mine is being spent at work I'm afraid which is never the ideal way to spend your weekend but hey! :) Anyway, todays post is about my favourite lip balms and why I like them so much. I am the kind of girl that owns so many lip balms, mainly because I am always the hunt for that special one to transform my lips and make them super soft all year round. I guess its kind of like an addiction, if I see a lip balm I have yet to try, I instantly need it and sometimes I'm really disappointed and other times I know I'll be using it for ages. These are the ones that I'm still really happy with.

Maybelline Baby Lips. I purchased this when I was in New York last year because I had heard so many great things about this product! I'm kind of gutted I only purchased the one flavour as its really good. Its moisturising and doesn't dry your lips out the more you apply, which some lip balms do. I got it in the flavour 'Quenched' which has no colour to it and hasn't got a strong smell. I just wish I had got more! You can't get these here in the UK so I have been using this little and often until I can go back and buy a few more.

Carmex Moisture Plus. I just love Carmex lip balms. They always work wonders on my lips but I don't always like their packaging. This is the only one that they do in a tube, I just don't like the idea of being out and about and then putting your finger into a little pot. Its very unhygienic and just yuck. This product is the one I have been carrying around the most lately. It just feels so nice when you apply it and my lips haven't been dry since. This also tastes really yummy too, I think its actually meant to be flavourless which is strange as I really like it.

EOS Lipbalm. Another amazing American lip balm. What is it with the USA and great formulations for lip products? I actually purchased this off Amazon but I know lots of online stores sell these now which is brilliant! I got it in the flavour 'Strawberry Sorbet' which is amazing but I would like to get hold of some more. I adore the packaging so much and I like the idea of the dome like shape of the actual product, super easy to apply and completely hygienic. Love it!

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. Okay, so I know this isn't an actual lip balm but it works wonders on my lips. I got this mini tube in March's Glossybox and I have used it every night before bed since. It just hydrates my lips throughout the night and when I wake up, they feel amazing. I am a little worried when this runs out though as the full size product is very expensive. Maybe too much for a night time lip balm?

Apivita Lip Care with Honey. I had never heard of this brand before but I was shopping one day and thought I'd give it a whirl. I told you I was a sucker for lip balms! Anyway, it's actually really good and moisturising. Its quite a grainy lip balm and it feels as if its almost exfoliating my lips at the same time, which is probably one of the reasons it works so well. I also love the smell of honey which makes wearing this even better.

Disney Rapunzel Lip Smackers. I'm a huge Disney fan and Tangled happens to be one of my favourites. So when I came across this lip balm I had to get it. Its so cute! Granted its more of a novelty product and not something I would use every day but it does have a gorgeous shimmer to it which looks really nice as a natural lip colour. It also smells amazing, like berries which isn't a bad thing at all. Come on girls, who wouldn't enjoy a Disney lip balm?!

So they are my current favourites. :) What are your favourites? Do you own any of these products? Know any I should try?

Kisses
Luci xo

7 comments:

  1. baby lips is definitely my fave ever!

    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish they sold them here in the UK! :( x

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this post. I've never used the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream as a lip balm and I can't help but wonder if it doesn't feel a bit too sticky on the lips? The full-sized version will last you ages and ages! I've used mine on my whole face almost every night since September and I still have 2/3 of it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find it very sticky at all, it does feel quite thick on the lips though. :) Ah really?! maybe I should seriously think about purchasing the full size after all.. xx

      Delete
  3. A girl can never go without a nice lipbalm! I love the Lip Conditioner by Mac <3 You have a cute blog, following you now, hope you can follow back :)

    xoxo

    glam-mania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! :) Oh I would love to try the MAC lip conditioner.. its never in stock online :(
      Thank you very much! Of course I will :) xx

      Delete