Tuesday 7 May 2013

New MAC Goodies



Hey ladies, hope you are well and enjoyed your three day weekend in the sunshine. Seeing as I had to work bank holiday Monday, which was a little depressing I had today off instead. So I have been enjoying the weather and went for a nice long country walk with the dog. Perfect! I just hope this sunny weather lasts for a bit longer then a few days. So today I am going to be sharing my new MAC purchases with you guys from their new collections.

I have been waiting for their new collections to launch for ages and ages so when they popped online the other week I couldn't wait to order some. So as soon as I got in from work I logged onto the website and set to work choosing the pieces I really wanted. This was pretty easy seeing as I had already decided ages ago what I'd purchase when it was launched in the US. I ended up with two paint pots, a tinted lip balm and a power chrome eye pencil. These are my thoughts on the products to far.

Paint pot in 'Mooncake' and 'Eclair'. £14.50 each. These lovely little pots of colour are from the Baking Beauties collection. I had my heart set on 'Mooncake' as soon as I had seen the promo photos. Its a gorgeous champagne colour and very natural. Its also a very subtle colour so its perfect for when you just want a little colour on your eyelids but nothing to dramatic. I also bought 'Eclair' which is a lovely chocolate brown with a slight shimmer to it. The reason I bought this is because I had seen a look created by Temptalia using these two shades and fell in love. I really like the formula of MAC paint pots too. They are really creamy and easy to apply and with a good primer, creasing is not a problem at all. 

Powerchrome eye pencil in 'Copper Strip'. £16. This is from the Temperature Rising collection. I am a total sucker for brown eye liners on my lower lash line. I just love them, so I was instantly drawn to this gorgeous colour. In fact I loved every single one from the collection but I am unfortunately not made of money so I had to settle with just the one. This was my favourite one of the bunch. Its a lovely rich brown with a hint of sparkle to it. It is a super chunky pencil which I really like and it glides on like a dream. The staying power is amazing too. I can wear this all day long and it doesn't budge. I totally love this product!

Mineralize Tinted Lipbalm in 'Cheery Cheery'. £17. Lastly is the tinted lip balm. This is so cute! Its a lot smaller then I thought it would be but I can see it lasting for a while. I chose this colour because I am always drawn to pink shades however it doesn't really make much difference which one you pick as there isn't much colour to it anyway. It comes out of the tube pink but turns clear once you apply to your lips. This suits me fine as sometimes I don't want a heavily pigmented lip product but if its colour you're after then this might not be for you. It is very hydrating though and feels amazing on my lips. 

Overall I am really impressed with what I purchased and the new MAC collections in general. All the new colours are perfect for spring/summer and something different to the usual. If I could have bought more, I definitely would have! Be sure to check them out yourself and if you have already got some then what did you think? Any new favourite products?

Lots of love
Luci xo



3 comments:

  1. Those products look lovely! Also, your blog is awesome. Would you like to exchange links?

    ReplyDelete
  2. those paint pots look great... i want to try them!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pencil the other day in the new collection and it is so pretty! lovely blog you have here!

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete