Saturday 10 August 2013

August Glossybox







Hey everyone, so sorry I haven't posted in a while, going back to work has felt super tiring for some reason and I just haven't had a spare minute to actually sit down and write something so I am soooo sorry for that! I am back in the swing of things now so I should be a bit more organised. Hopefully! So todays post is on this months Glossybox, actually cannot believe we are on August's box already? The theme of this months box was 'High-Flyers' so basically products that are perfect for when you are on the move and for summer travels. I also like the fact that they are all under 100ml which means you can take them on board a plane too. Good thinking Glossybox! I have to say, I was quite impressed with the products this month and feel like I got quite a lot for the price of the box. This is what was inside...

Emite Make Up Eyelash Curler. Eyelash curlers are one of those things that you will always need and being on holiday is no exception. I currently use my Sephora one that I picked up in New York last year and I love it, its the best one I have used for a long time. However I am always up for trying something new and seeing this in my box was really exciting! This eyelash curler is actually worth a whopping £20 and considering I only pay a tenner for the entire box, thats pretty amazing. I also love the colour scheme of it. The black makes it look really professional and smart and the red detailing is pretty cute too. I cant wait to try this out!

Jelly Pong Pong 2 in 1 Shadow/Eyeliner. Like I have said in the past, Jelly Pong Pong is not a brand that I really use that much or really think about purchasing. But this looks like something I will actually try. This would be ideal for travelling because not only can this be used as a standard eyeliner but you can also smudge it out like an eyeshadow too. There were three colours up for grabs and I ended up with this stunning creamy, metallic grey. Its really pretty and a colour that I would like to try out. i just hope the quality is good, as I like eyeliners to last for the majority of the day. These retail for about £10.50 though so I have high hopes.

TRESemme Platinum Strength Concentrated Treatment Shot. This looks really good! I will be trying this out as soon as possible. This is basically a 60 second treatment that will repair damaged hair and damaged ends and I really hope this will work. I am always looking for products that help to restore my hair to its former glory and my ends can look a little dry sometimes so it will be really interesting to see what this can do. I also love the fact that you literally leave it on for 60 seconds. Perfect for when you don't have the time in the morning. I'll keep you posted on whether this works. :)

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir. Who doesn't love a perfume sample? I love them, its one of the best ways to decide on which scent you want to try next. I am quite choosey when it comes to scents though and I hate anything too fruity or something that fades after an hour or so. However when I spritzed this on my wrist I just fell in love. This smell is amazing! I actually need to purchase this as soon as possible. I love it! They describe it as 'succulent ripe berry notes and gourmand accents, while adding a juicy touch of honeysuckle and a sultry hint of sandlewood'. Its gorgeous!

Oceane Makeup Remover Pen. Lastly is this little invention, a makeup remover pen. I cant believe I have never had one of these before? I don't know how well it will work but the idea of it sounds brilliant. It basically removes any unwanted makeup or any mistakes you might have made when applying. Perfect for on the go or when you look in the mirror during the day and realise your eyeliner has smudged under your eyes. This seems like the easy on the move fix. Very excited to give this a whirl!

So thats what was in my box this month. Overall I was pretty impressed with it all. I can see me trying every single thing out which is what I like to get out of a monthly beauty box. Have any of you received this months box? What did you think?

Kisses
Luci xo



3 comments:

  1. Ooh can't wait to hear what you think of the 60 second shot! I gave up getting beauty boxes a few months ago now but they seem to be getting better from what I've been seeing! X

    takingkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it once already and so far I love it. I think I'll do a full review on them a bit later on. :)
      You should definitely think about subscribing to a beauty box again, I really like them. xx

      Delete
  2. I've received the same products and I can't say I'm displeased.

    The eyelash curlers look quite heavy duty but I'm way to scared to try them. That TRESemme sample is going to be put to the test as soon as I can photograph my box!

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say

    x

    ReplyDelete