Tuesday 27 August 2013

My Favourite Base and Top Coats


Hey everyone, how are you all? Today is just a quick post on my current favourite base coat and top coat. When you paint your nails as much as me then you know how important it is to have a brilliant base coat and a long lasting shiny topcoat. There is nothing worse then painting your nails perfectly and then after one day, they are chipped and ruined. A lot of new nail polishes are becoming more chip resistant all the time but to me, a top coat is vital and a base coat helps to prevent all that staining and keep your nails in slightly better condition then without.

So first up, my favourite base coat. Years ago I actually never used a base coat (shock, horror!) because I just couldn't see the point. It took up too much time and was boring to do. However I cant stress enough how important a decent base coat is. Not only does it prevent your nails from getting stained by the darker shades of polish, it also makes you nail polish last so much longer and gives you a nice surface to paint. I have been loving this Essie Rock Solid base coat recently. It has made my nails a lot stronger and break less and I feel like it has a made a huge difference to the quality of my nails. It costs £8.99 in Boots but they are always doing offers on nail polish so look out for deals. I think I actually bought mine for half price.

Next up, top coat. Now I have got through top coats like you wouldn't believe! I paint my nails all the time and obviously I use the same top coat every time, they run out pretty quick, believe me! However this Essie number has to be my favourite at the moment and I can't see me changing my mind any time soon. This is Essie Good To Go rapid dry top coat and I love it! Not only does it dry in seconds which makes painting my nails that much quicker, it also makes my polish last for days whilst keeping them super shiny. To me, this is the best topcoat I have had for a while. Again, it coats £8.99 in Boots but is worth every penny. Anything that makes my nail polish last for 3-4 days without a slight chip (and I work in retail) and gives them a lasting shine is worth a lot!

What are your favourite base coats and top coats? Any you think I should try?

Lots of love
Luci xo


4 comments:

  1. ohhh ive never used a base coat before! think i will pick up the essie one next time im in boots!xxx

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used to use base coats either but it is definitely worth the extra time and effort. It makes your nail polish glide on much more easily.
    Lovely blog - followed :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it just? Its funny, you don't realise how important it is until you start using one. :)
      Thank you so much! I followed you back :) xx

      Delete