Monday 14 October 2013

October Glossybox







Hey everyone. So today's post is on this months Glossybox. I actually cannot believe its time for October's box already! Feels like yesterday when Septembers arrived. I'll be honest, when I received this months box I was pretty disappointed, as after reading their email and finding out the theme was dark romance I expected a lot more then I actually got. To me, this box is not following the theme at all and a lot of these products I probably will never use.. so yeah, little bit disappointing. They also included a mini bar of Greens chocolate too but unfortunately it was dark which I am not a huge fan of so that didn't cheer me up too much either. Anyway, onto the products I received this time around...

MeMeMe Cherub's Blush - Cheek and Lip Tint. So this is one of two products that actually fit the dark romance theme. Its a bit like Benefit's Benetint but a lot cheaper which for me is pretty good considering I wouldn't use a tint that much. Its a lovely deep red shade which is perfect for this season and this is something I will definitely give a try.

Katy Perry Killer Queen Fragrance. This is the second product that I actually like in this months box. Its a gorgeous scent that I just love and its a decent size sample too so its ideal for throwing in your handbag and gives you enough so you can really get an idea on whether you would like to purchase the full size. Cant go wrong with a perfume sample lets be honest. :)

Monu Illuminating Primer. I'm not big on primers as I never really need them. My make up stays on regardless and if I ever feel like I need to wear one I always go to my old faithful MAC one. I might give this a whirl but I don't think I would ever pay full price for this in the future. Its a whopping £25 which I think is quite a lot for what it is. I guess I might change my mind after trying it though, I'll keep you posted.

Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum. Okay, so I am totally happy at the moment with my skincare routine so therefore I am slightly hesitant to try anything new at the moment. I know thats terrible of a beauty blogger to say but its true! I like the idea of a serum but I don't think its something I'll be trying out this time I'm afraid!

Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar. This actually sounds good and apparently the beauty industry are currently loving this, however the smell alone is enough to put me off. I just really dislike it. It has quite a strong herbal scent to it and its not something I like at all. This is meant to be ideal for all skin types, even sensitive skin and can be used on face and body which is pretty cool. It is also meant to hydrate and cleanse your skin whilst still encouraging your skin to repair itself. Its sounds really good and I might test it out on my body, if I can get past the smell of course!

So thats what I got in this months box. Overall, like I said, I am pretty disappointed with the products this time. I like to inspired and excited when I open my monthly box of goodies and this time I am afraid I wasn't. What did you think of this months box? 

Kisses
Luci xo


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that does sound quite disappointing :( although the tint sounds gorgeous and I did want to try Katy Perry's perfume! I'm awaiting my Birchbox...! xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see a MeMeMe product. I haven't seen them around for ages. I used to use that tint all the time, it's great!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete