Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas Nails




Hey everyone! Today I just wanted to share some of my favourite nail polishes for Christmas. For me its all about reds and sparkle! The sparkly the better and there are some great glitter polishes out there at the moment so its worth having a look. I want to apologise for the photo of the bottles though as I just couldn't get the light right or anything so they do look a little too red. However the swatches are pretty much true to colour which is the main thing. :) So here we go..

1. OPI 'Skyfall'. This was from the James Bond collection that was released for Christmas last year and there were so many shades I ended up purchasing because they were all stunning! This has to be my favourite from the whole collection and is perfect for Christmas and winter. Its a gorgeous deep red with a slight burgundy tone to it. I love it and it looks fantastic once on your nails too.

2. OPI 'Golden Eye'. This was also from the James Bond collection and is a perfect gold glitter nail polish. It looks great either alone or applied over another colour to give it extra sparkle. I sometimes find gold glitter polishes don't have enough glitter to them once applied and you end up with like five coats. This isn't like that at all, after two coats you have total coverage.

3. China Glaze 'Pure Joy'. Not many people I speak to actually know about this brand of nail polish. I don't know whether its just not as common here in the UK but its worth knowing about! They do fantastic shades all year round and I am crazy about their summer neons, they are beyond bright! However this is one of their Christmas ones and its beautiful. Its a gorgeous red/gold glitter and applies like a dream. Well worth trying out!

4. Essie 'Thigh High'. I did a nail of the day post on this polish here because I have been living in it like you wouldn't believe. Its just the perfect deep red and it looks great with everything. Its a colour I have been reaching for a lot and if I can't decided what colour to paint my nails, then I'll choose this. Its gorgeous.

5. Essie ' Twin Sweater Set'. This is a great christmassy red and is a nice classic shade. Its from Essie's fall collection and is still available if you want to get your hands on it. Its the kind of red that will suit any skin tone and like I said, screams Christmas. :)

So thats my top picks for Christmas. What are your favourite Christmas polishes?

Kisses
Luci xo

1 comment:

  1. Really like the China Glaze shade :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete