Wednesday 11 December 2013

My Top 5 Red Lipsticks




Hey ladies! Today's post is on my current favourite red lipsticks. Its nearly Christmas and that means red lipstick is my go to make up product. I do have a ridiculous amount of red lipsticks so I decided to narrow it down to the top five to give you some sort of idea. They aren't in any particular order as I love them all roughly the same. Anyway, lets get started...

Revlon Lip Butter in 'Raspberry Pie'. Okay so this isn't exactly a red but it is a shade I reach for a lot. Its a slightly plummy red and looks great on the lips as its so hydrating and glossy. This is perfect if you have quite dry lips as it doesn't cling to any imperfections and hydrates your lips at the same time.

MAC Lipstick in 'RiRi Woo'. This is the limited edition Rhianna lipstick and it really is a stunning shade. Its a gorgeous deep red and if you have Ruby Woo then this is pretty similar. It is a matte lipstick so its not great for dry lips but looks amazing once applied. The engraving on the lipstick is pretty cute too.

Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Colour in 'Theodora'. I actually got this with the Theodora palette and it was a nice little surprise as the product is gorgeous! Its a lovely glossy red and applied like a dream. The other thing I really like about this product is the fact its in crayon form. Red lipstick isn't always the easiest thing to apply so the crayon makes it so much easier. You can be really precise, accurate and create a lovely line in half the time.

MAC Lipstick in 'Lady Danger'. This has to be one of my favourite MAC lipsticks of all time. This is the sort of red that is really flattering and I think its the perfect red for me as its got a slight coral hint to it and is very vivid. I just love wearing this shade and for me its the perfect Christmassy red. I will be wearing this more and more come Christmas time and I can't wait!

Topshop Lipstick in 'Rio Rio'. Lastly is this little Topshop number. This is one of the first Topshop lipsticks I ever bought and I love it. Its quite a coral kind of red which I think suits me a little more and its fairly similar to Lady Danger but maybe a little more red. The one thing I would say about this lipstick is the lasting power isn't as great as the MAC ones. It fades a little quicker which means more applications. However it is a stunning shade and one I recommend if you don't want to spend a fortune.

So there you have it, my current favourite red lipsticks. What are your favourite red lipsticks? What shades do you reach for at Christmas time?

Lots of love
Luci xo




No comments:

Post a Comment