Friday 21 June 2013

Beauty Things I Suck At


Photo from Tumblr
Hey my lovelies, hope you are all well and ready for the weekend! I now have a whole 10 days off work so I intend to make the most of it, I'll also fit in a few blogs posts too. Today I wanted to do the 'Beauty Things I Suck At' post. As much as I love makeup and all things beauty I am not a pro by all means and there are some things I am not very good at all! Here is my list of beauty related things I am totally useless at!

Liquid Eyeliner.

I am so terrible at applying liquid eyeliner to my lash line. Its actually embarrassing how bad I am. I really don't understand how some people can do it so easily. The amount of times I have watched people do it and thought, 'oh that doesn't look too difficult' and then tried it myself. Nightmare! I pride myself as someone who has a pretty steady hand but give me a liquid eyeliner and I turn into a shaky mess. My line goes all over the place and just looks awful.

Applying False Eyelashes.

Grrr these just wind me up no end. I love false eyelashes and think they look great on a night out and I am lucky enough to have a make up artist as a sister who can apply them like a dream. However when I do them myself.. disaster! I just can't seem to do it. Its not from lack of trying but I either place to far away from my lash line or I get the glue everywhere! I think I am just too kack handed to actually pull it off. Its super frustrating and I think I will just continue to ask my sister for help!

Apply Fake Tan.

Luckily I am not one for applying fake tan all the time as its just a lot of bother and effort to be honest. However it would be nice to be able to apply it now and again and get a flawless finish. When I have in the past its just gone all streaky and I can never seem to get the back of my arms and legs even or anything. Its just so difficult! How on earth do people actually do this on a regular basis?

Give Myself A Proper Blowout.

How gorgeous does it look when people leave the hair salon with lovely big bouncy hair? Can I recreate it myself? No way! I dry my hair with a hair dryer all the time and I cant seem to use one hand for the brush and another for the hairdryer.. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? 

So there you have it, my list of what I am totally useless at. Do any of you find the same things difficult? For those of you who don't, any tips? If you haven't done this post yet then it would be great to give it a go. :)

Kisses
Luci xo


1 comment:

  1. same boat here with giving myself an at home blowout! For liquid eyeliner, try using the felt tip pen like ones. I like Jordana's liquid eye liner and it's cheap!

    ReplyDelete