Thursday 13 June 2013

Shopaholic Tag

Photo from Tumblr

Hey everyone! I have been meaning to this tag for a while and finally had the chance to do it. I am a huge shopaholic and thought this would be the ideal tag for me. So here goes!


How old were you when you realised you were a shopaholic?

Since forever? I know that sounds pretty crazy but for as long as I can remember I have loved shopping and buying new and pretty things. When I was younger I would walk into a toy store and immediately find 20 different things that I loved and felt that I needed. Im exactly the same now! I just love looking few new and exciting things to buy!

How do you feel after shopping, and do you have any weird habits you do after shopping?

I feel fantastic after a successful shopping trip. There is nothing quite like that feeling you get when you have lots of shopping bags filled to the brim with lots of pretty, new things. I just love it. Sometimes if I know I have gone a little crazy, I do feel a little guilty that I spent so much but that soon goes because to me, its worth it. I guess the only thing I do when I finish shopping is putting everything away as soon as I get in. I like it to all be put in the right place.

What are your top 5 favourite stores to shop at and why?

Ooooo tough one! Well for clothing I would say Topshop (thats a no brainer) and Zara because you can nearly always find something in one of their stores. As for make up I would say MAC because its my all time favourite and who doesn't like spending hours in department stores like Selfridges? I love it in there even thought I often get distracted looking at all the gorgeous things I can't afford. Lastly I would say Victorias Secret because I love every single thing in that store. Their lounge wear is a-maz-ing!

What item do you have the most of in your closet?

Well depends on the time of the year. In the winter I have so many pairs of jeans and jumpers its actually unreal! However in the summer I am stocked up with shorts and T-shirts. It changes a lot!

Whats the most you have ever spent on one shopping trip?

Ummm a lot? If I go up to Oxford Street I can normally spend up to £200?

Do you ever experience shoppers regret?

Very rarely. I tend to only buy things I know I am going to wear or use. I would never buy something for the sake of it unless I literally feel like I can't walk away, which has happened occasionally with pairs of shoes. Sometimes I do buy make up products that I don't really use all that often which I have spent a fair bit on but I would never say I regret buying them. How are you supposed to know if you like something without trying it?

What was something you regretted buying?

Shoes.. I went through a phase of buying lots of heels and I don't actually wear high heels all the much unless I am going out so I don't know why I felt like I needed so many? Thats probably something I regret spending so much of my money on.

What is your favourite thing to buy?

Make up first and for most because there is always something I need or want to try and nail polishes because there are always new shades that I haven't had. As for clothing I would say I buy a lot of jumpers in the winter. I can easily end up with more then I can wear and rings.. I love buying rings!

Do you buy the same items in different colours?

Yes! All the time! If I find something that fits like a dream such as Topshop jeans, I'll purchase them in other shades too and I find casual, plain T-shirts are worth getting in several colours because they are so practical. You never know when they might come in handy.

Do you ever use dressing rooms?

Yes! Its all part of the excitement. trying lot of different things on and seeing which looks the best. Tops are pretty easy but I find jeans or shorts vary in size in every store so it makes sense to try them on. As far as dresses go, I always have to try them on. Being only 5'3", some are just ridiculously long on me so that is a must.

Do you prefer to go shopping alone, or with others?... and who is your favourite shopping buddy?

I prefer to go shopping with someone because I like to get different peoples opinions and you can really make a day of it, like going for lunch midway through or get a drink. My sister would be my favourite shopping buddy as she knows exactly what I like and what looks good. She is also really blunt and honest so I know if something looks rubbish on me. I do tonnes of online shopping though so I guess thats shopping alone...

If you could go shopping with a celeb, who would it be and why?

Probably someone like Kate Middleton as could you imagine the sorts of shops you would get to visit? It would be amazing! Ooooo or Victoria Beckham because she always looks amazing and I might get to meet David Beckham at the same time.. bonus! :)

Whats your favourite treat/snack/drink during or after shopping?

I always have a bottle of water in my handbag so I always have a drink on me and we would normally stop of somewhere and have a nice quick lunch to rest our legs before carrying on. Occasionally maybe getting a pizza afterwards?

What is something you have always wanted to buy but never had the money to do so?

A designer handbag without a doubt. When I walk into Selfridges and see all those gorgeous leather handbags lined up I just fall in love. I would love love love to own a designer handbag but I can't see how I would ever have enough money for one, unless I marry someone super rich...

If you had £1000 to spend on anything you want, what would you splurge on?

A designer handbag? Or lots and lots of make up and make up brushes? Ooooo or maybe put it towards a trip to New York? That way I could save up some money and do some shopping over there. I think that is exactly what I would do. :)

Are you a proud shopaholic?

Yes! Absolutely! :)

Now I tag all of you to do this tag. I would love to see your answers. If you have already done it then leave a link to your page below. :)

Kisses
Luci xo



1 comment:

  1. make up is always the first thing i look forward to buying!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete