Monday 24 June 2013

IMATS Haul











Hey ladies, hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Yesterday I went to IMATS in London for the first time with my sister who is a make up artist. It was amazing, I had such a great time and didn't really want to leave! It is a make up lovers dream. Everywhere you look there are people covered head to toe in body art, airbrushes being used and demonstrations everywhere. It was such a lovely atmosphere and buzzing with people. I did post a few photos on my Instagram (@luci36) so feel free to take a look. As for the stands, there were so many fantastic places to shop and pick up things at 'show price' you didn't know where to start.

Todays post is just a quick look at the items i bought yesterday. Most of them are brushes mainly because their prices were so good and you will all know that good quality brushes can be quite pricey most of the time. So lets get started...

First up we went over to Crown brushes because they are meant to be brilliant, I did get a little carried away filling up my red plastic basket full of brushes but managed to narrow it down to just the eight in the end. I mainly picked up eye brushes because I never seem to have enough and wanted to stock up while I had the chance but I also purchased this chunky buffing brush which I thought would be fantastic for applying foundation. Staying with brushes, a little later on in the day we came across Bdellium Tools which I had never actually heard of before. I was drawn to their stand because they had pink, yellow and green brushes! I am a total sucker for coloured brushes and when I saw how much they were charging for them I knew I had to have a couple. I went with the pink brushes (of course) and settled on two face brushes and another eye one. They look gorgeous and they are so soft! I would love to get more but I can't seem to find them here in the UK which makes me even more pleased that I bought them.

Now onto the make up I purchased. I didn't actually go mad with make up even though I was convinced I would and did stick to brands that were harder to get here in the UK normally. We stopped off at Make Up Forever which is very well loved by make up artists. I picked up this concealer palette in no1. I have kind of wanted one like this for a while and thought this would be a great brand to try. The concealers are super creamy and blend really well into my skin. I love the different skin shades and there is a nice orange to cover up those bags and a green to hide that redness. Next we went to Inglot which is a brand I have wanted to try since I went to New York. I loved the idea of their Freedom System. You basically pick the size palette you want and then the colours you wish to add to it. I opted for the three slot palette and then these gorgeous shades! I chose browns because thats what I use most of the time. I wish i had a lot more money to spend and got a larger palette. There were some amazing colours and the whole experience of choosing was so much fun!

So thats what I picked up at IMATS this year. I loved it so much and I can't wait to go again next year. If you haven't been then I highly recommend it! If you did go this year whether its here in London or in  another country what did you pick up? What was your experience like? I would love to hear. :)

Lots of love
Luci xo

4 comments:

  1. Oh so lucky! I always wanted to go to IMATS, do you think it's worth all the hype? I want to buy tickets for next year :)

    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO worth the hype! You will love it I am sure, I can't wait till next year :) xx

      Delete
  2. so jealous of your inglot palette! I only have access to inglot when in NYC! Luckily IMATS is coming up so hopefully it is available there!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had bought more in NYC! I now wish I had got more at IMATS. Make sure you stock up when you go. I officially love Inglot :). Xx

      Delete