Wednesday 8 January 2014

MAC Nocturnals Lipgloss Collection





Hey my lovelies, hope you are all well. Today I wanted to do a post on one of my Christmas presents from my sister which is one of MAC's Nocturnal gift sets. Every single year, I spend ages looking at all the gift sets MAC have to offer. They always do beautiful brush sets, eye kits and lip kits and they always have gorgeous packaging which makes me just want them all that much more. Well this time around they also did some super cute mini sets that they named Nocturnals that I just fell in love with.

I knew I had to have one of the lipgloss sets and the one my sister chose had to be the best of the bunch as far as the shades go and how wearable they are. The one I received was the Coral gift set and these shades are beautiful. In the set you get a Dazzleglass and three Cremesheens which is a great deal and they are a cute mini size, so super practical when it comes to throwing them in your handbag or clutch. They are also in the limited edition packaging with the gold, white and black top to them which gives them a slightly more expensive look.

Onto the actual shades... So first up is Moth to Flame which is described as a 'sheer neutral beige with violet pearl' and its really pretty. This is the ideal shade when you just want a slight hint of colour and a bit of sparkle. The sparkle is quite subtle though and I find this lasted on my lips for quite a while. On the Scene is described as a 'pink with pink and white pearl' and is a gorgeous pinky peach that has a lovely smooth finish to it. This is super wearable and one of my favourites of the four but its lasting power isn't as great. Moving on to Star Quality and this is described as a 'bright orange coral' however I would say that once this is applied, it looks more like a hot pink which suits me just fine. Its the perfect pink for when you want a little pop of colour and has a lovely finish on the lips. Lastly is Night is Young which is described as a 'bright red cream' and something I had been wearing an awful lot over the Christmas period. Its just a stunning red shade and lasts for hours without losing too much colour. This has to be my favourite of them all, for sure. 

Overall, like all MAC lip products, these glosses are gorgeous and are great quality. The formula is amazing and the fact that they last for a good few hours makes them worth their price tag. Unfortunately the gift sets are no longer available to buy which is a shame but you can still get hold of Moth to Flame as it is actually part of their permanent line. I highly recommend it!

Did you get any of the MAC gift sets for Christmas? What did you think?

Kisses
Luci xo


No comments:

Post a Comment