Monday 6 January 2014

My 2013 Favourites


Hey everyone! I have finally got round to posting my 2013 favourites at long last and I am pretty excited as its my first yearly favourites post ever. I found it pretty hard to decide on what I have really been obsessed with the past year but I managed to narrow it down to a few much loved items. I did think about grouping them into different categories and then posting them separately but decided against it. I think I would have been here forever! Anyway.. onto what I have been loving in 2013.


Favourite Foundation. MAC Face and Body. I just adore this foundation and have been wearing it pretty much all year round. i am a huge fan of MAC foundations anyway and have every single type in my make up drawer for every occasion. However, this has to be my favourite. Its lovely and light but still has a fairly good coverage. It gives my skin a lovely flawless finish and doesn't cling to any dry patches and lasts for hours. I actually did a review on this here if you wanted to take a look.


Favourite Concealer. MAC Studio Finish Concealer. This has to be my all time favourite and something that I honestly couldn't live without. It conceals pretty much everything and is lovely, creamy and super easy to apply and blend into my skin. Its also the perfect size pot to take with me everywhere and I love the classic MAC design to it. 

Favourite Powder. MAC Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. Every single morning I use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder which I adore but for during the day, this is what I have been turning too. Its absolutely perfect for getting rid of any shine on my skin but isn't too heavy and can be applied numerous times throughout the day without my skin feeling cakey. Its something that I love and take it in my bag wherever I go.


Favourite Bronzer. Nars Laguna. As you can see from the photo, I use this a lot and I have never found a bronzer that even comes close to this. Its the perfect shade for me as it doesn't make my skin look muddy or too orange. It is also pretty matt so it ideal for contouring my face too. This has to be one of my all time favourite products for not just 2013 but forever. I love it.


Favourite Nail Polishes. Essie 'Thigh High' and 'Fiji'. I included two polishes as I wear totally different shades whether its Winter or Summer. During the colder months I have been loving Thigh High as its such a gorgeous, deep red that looks brilliant once applied. I also love the fact it has a very subtle shimmer to it too. When the sun is shining I love wearing Fiji as its the perfect creamy pink. Its so pretty and is easily one of my favourite nail polishes to date. 


Favourite Primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion. I wear eyeshadow an awful lot and I like to it last all day long without any creasing. This little tube is what makes my eye make up last all day and night without fail. Its just brilliant and a product I think every one should serious think about owning if they don't already. I just rub this into my eyelid and then I good to go. My eyeshadow glides easily over it and I know my eye make up won't budge at all.

Favourite Eyeliner. MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in 'Feline'. This is easily the best eyeliner I have ever owned. Its a super deep black that doesn't smudge and lasts for hours on end. I wear black eyeliner every single day as I feel it can really finish a look off so I was super happy when I tried this the first time. I love it.

I didn't include my favourite eyeshadow as it would be every single shade in my MAC Pro Palette. If you fancy taking a look at what shades I currently own then take a look at my post I did on it here.


Favourite Lipstick. MAC Lipstick in 'Hug Me' and YSL Lipstick in #29. It should come as no surprise that I couldn't choose just one lipstick as I am a huge lipstick junkie. I finally managed to narrow it down to just two and that was very difficult! First is Hug Me which is a gorgeous flesh pink shade that I always turn to if I just want a hint of colour that looks really pretty but is subtle. Of course I had to include my YSL lipstick as not only is the packaging absolutely stunning but its the perfect pink shade that looks great when I want a pop of colour. I also love the formula as it glides onto my lips without clinging to any dry patches I may have.


Favourite Lipbalm. Flexitol Lip Balm. Okay, so this isn't the most attractive product in the world and the packaging is pretty basic but this product is a total miracle worker. One of my sister's work colleagues mentioned how since she had used this her lips had been in fantastic condition and weren't dry or flakey anymore at all. I had been suffering with very dry, chapped lips for a while and thought it was worth giving it a try myself. Wow, just wow. This product is a-maz-ing and something I couldn't live without at all anymore, I would seriously panic if they ever stopped making this as my lips are now in great condition. I can wear any sort of lipstick now even the matte ones and there are no dry patches at all. This product is easily my holy grail lip balm without fail. 


Favourite Moisturiser. Clarins Daily Energizer Cream. I have been using this moisturiser now for over a year and I really love it and can't see myself using anything else in the foreseeable future. Its just a lovely, thick cream that sinks into my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. It doesn't make my skin greasy and combats my dry skin perfectly. I just really love Clarins skincare so much.


Favourite Hand Cream. Garnier Intensive 7 Days. This is a pretty amazing product and hardly costs a thing. I hate having dry hands in the Winter (or any other season for that matter) so I apply this to my hands every single night. The result? Lovely smooth hands all year round. I love the fact that this hand cream isn't greasy or anything so you don't get that horrible slimy feeling after you have applied it. The other thing I love about this product is the scent. I got the honey version as honey is a smell I can never get enough of.


Favourite Hair Product. Sebastian Thickefy Foam. This is a great product and something I have been loving and using a lot. It just gives my hair needless volume and makes my hair appear a lot thicker than it really is. I actually did a post on this here if you would like to see the full review.

Favourite Hair Spray. Loreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray. This is something I bought fairly recently as I was getting so fed up of fly aways when wearing my hair in a pony tail. I saw this in Boots and thought it sounded pretty good and was worth a try. Now I love it. It actually works and much better then a regular hair spray. I don't know whats in it that makes it work so well but its really tamed all those annoying fly aways I used to get. I will be repurchasing this thats for sure.

So thats it for my 2013 favourites. Im sorry I didn't include many hair products, I just totally forgot which is so awful of me.. I might do a separate post for them if I get a chance. :) What are your 2013 favourites? Anything you think I should try?

Kisses
Luci xo

No comments:

Post a Comment