Tuesday 28 January 2014

January Glossybox







So its time for another monthly Glossybox post and this will actually be my last. I have now unsubscribed from Glossybox as I'm just not finding them that exciting anymore. Don't get me wrong, the products are still great most of the time but when this turns up on my doorstep, I'm just not that bothered anymore which is a shame, but I figure I have been receiving Glossyboxes for well over a year now so it makes sense. 

So onto this months box. First thing I wanted to mention is that I do really like the makeover Glossybox has had. The box looks a lot classier now and the little details such as the ribbon is really cute and a nice touch. So, what did I actually receive this month?

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash. Balance Me is a brand I have wanted to try for a little while now so this is something I'm looking forward to testing out. The fact that is a toning product is just a bonus. This mini bottle is meant to target any areas that need a little tlc which is brilliant and its actually proven to work. I can't wait to try this and this product also smells amazing!

Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion. I have actually used this product before and I really liked it. However, I've since found moisturisers that I like even more so I will probably save this for when I go away. Its the ideal size for travelling so its still pretty useful.

Anatomicals Under Eye Patches. This looks awesome and something I know I will use. When I'm feeling tired these will be perfect for when I just need a boost to make me feel and look more awake. I really like this brand too and this is no doubt going to be something I will probably repurchase at some point.

Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream. This is yet another one of those multi use creams that can be used for so many different things. This is meant to be a cult brand from Japan so I am pretty excited to see what its like. I have very dry skin so this should so work wonders however, it also claims to be great for all skin types which is nice to know. 

The Vintage Cosmetic Company Floral Slanted Tweezers. This was really exciting to see when I opened my box as a gel can never have too many pairs of good tweezers. I have used Tweezerman tweezers for so long but I never want to leave them in my bag incase I lose them. They aren't the cheapest thing in the world! So these will be super useful and they are also really cute, the floral design is lovely!

So thats what I received in my Glossybox this month. Overall, it wasn't a bad set of products but nothing that was going to make me want to continue with my subscription I'm afraid. I think I will kind of miss getting a box full of goodies every month but I think I am ready to try something new.

What did you think of this months box? Any other beauty boxes you think I should try?

Kisses
Luci xo


3 comments:

  1. I just cancelled my Birchbox subscription too for exactly the same reason - it's not that it's awful or anything, but at the beginning it was this fun novelty and now I'm like 'oh, more small products I'll forget I own', haha xx
    The perks of being a hipster - Victoria’s Secrets Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance Me and Anatomicals in one box sounds like a promising thing! I've never tried any of Balance Me's toning products but all of their products always smell so nice.

    I'd be curious to know what you think the Anatomicals patches.

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post:)))

    ReplyDelete