Sunday 26 January 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin



Hey everyone! Really sorry about the lack of posts the last few days but I just haven't had a spare minute to actually sit down and get stuck into blogging. Anyway, todays post is on something I have wanted to try ever since I saw it advertised in an American magazine and thats Maybelline Baby Skin.

Now I do have very dry skin so I can normally go without a primer when I apply my makeup and I wouldn't say my pores are big at all which is worth a mention before I tell you what my thoughts were on this product. So first up, the packaging is similar to Baby Lips and is super cute and fun. Its something that definitely catches your eye on the shelf and I am a total sucker for anything like this. As for the actual product itself, it looks like its quite thick when it comes out of the tube but its actually really soft and easy to apply to the skin. Its completely clear and has a lovely texture.

When I first applied this to my skin I was really impressed, my pores looked blurred just like it said and left my skin feeling really smooth and pretty flawless considering I hadn't actually applied any make up yet. Applying my foundation afterwards wasn't necessarily any easier but did create a lovely finish as it didn't leave me with any dry patches at all. This product doesn't claim to make your make up last any longer so I was quite surprised to find that it actually helped in that respect. That was an added bonus for sure. :)

So overall I think this product does what it says. It makes pores look blurred, a lot smaller and creates a nice base for your foundation. However for someone like me with dry skin, its not something I feel like I need on a regular basis. If I wanted to make my make up last longer for an event or something, there are primers that I prefer. Having said that, if you have quite oily skin, this could be the perfect product for you without having to spend a small fortune.

Have you tried Maybelline Baby Skin before? What did you think?

Kisses
Luci xo

1 comment:

  1. I did try it and like you said, it is a good product. It made my skin very soft too!

    ReplyDelete